Together, we defeated the Parks for Cash Bill!
Thanks to your efforts we've defeated House Bill 2224, the Parks for Cash Bill! The PA Senate went into recess on October 17th, 2012 without voting on House Bill 2224, so the bill is dead. If legislators want to pursue this issue, then they will have to introduce a new bill in 2013. The Parks Alliance will continue to monitor state legislation that effects parkland and open space.
With your help, the Parks Alliance: -Sent 1700 email letters to our PA State Senators
- Worked with Senate staff to express constituent concerns and review potential amendments
- Inspired 4 news articles on this legislation
- Sent official organizational letters to all PA State Senators
- Spread the word about this legislation through multiple email blasts and social media outreach
- Joined a coalition of 84 organizations, led by the Pennsylvania Association of Land Trusts (PALTA), in actively opposing HB 2224
Thanks for all of your hard work and outreach on this issue!
Visit www.conservationadvocate.org for more information.